Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Spending

Weeekends are seriously a spending trap. One of my hopes is to start thinking of more free things to do on the weekends. A lot of the things I'd like to do (hiking, picnics, bike rides) hinge on the weather... SO HEY WEATHER, start cooperating with me!

Friday, June 12th
-
$10 - admission to the wrestling show I went to. This money helps pay my friends for the show that they were putting on, so I don't feel bad about this. Went out to the bar afterwards and didn't spend anything. A friend was generous enough to let me share her pizza with her. Normally I'd have a couple drinks but I was kind of exhausted, so I decided to not even waste my time (or money) with those drinks.

Saturday, June 13th
-
$15 - admission to Ribfest and $10 worth of tickets. We had a really fun time at Ribfest. We actually were there for about 3 hours, which is definitely worth the $5 admission! With my $10 of tickets I had three vegan ribs (made of seitan, which I was hit or miss on... but the BBQ sauce was a-ma-zing).. and Eric and I split funnel cake and a fried snickers. Hello fatty night.

Sunday, June 14th
- $9 at Super H Mart (ginormous Asian grocery store) - for dinner last night my mom, brother and I did what we called fake tapas night - we each made two appetizers and just grazed for dinner. The $9 was spent on items for my appetizers. It was actually a pretty amazing dinner. We were stuffed! Bonus part... my dad's cousin owns a greenhouse and we received two basil plants for free! We already have a basil plant at home, but between all the pesto I make, and the basil tampenade I made for appetizer night, the poor plant was stripped. So now I have two new ones ready for me to devour.

Altogether, not a super expensive weekend, but I would have loved to have not spent money one of those days. I think I'm making myself feel guilty sometimes when I spend money... maybe a good thing, maybe a bad thing. Either way... still haven't shopped! :]

2 comments:

  1. Try not to beat yourself up over spending any money. I know what you mean though. Back when I was saving up to buy my car, I didn't want to spend anything and had a major freak out moment over whether or not I should spend $2.50 cents on fruit snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to ribfest and I ate those fake ribs, too! They were pretty good but I liked the non-crispy parts more than the charred areas. I also ate cheesy tater tots which were awesome. Somehow we spent like $40 on tickets!

    ReplyDelete