Daily Spending:
Wednesday, June 10th
- $0!!!
Thursday, June 11th
- Eric and I are going to see Terminator: Salvation - via Five Buck Club - $5
Cheap days!!!
And added bonus... as a thank-you for a project that I did at work which ate up a ton of my time over the past week and a half, I was treated to $15 worth of Starbucks gift cards. Yay! This made me think about the usage of gift cards in general during my shopping ban. Gift cards are something else I'm kind of in the grey area on. I do a lot of survey program and shopping programs online that you can redeem points for gift cards. I'm hesitating to redeem anything until September because of the fact that I'm still *shopping*, even if it's on someone else's dime. Although the true purpose of this experiment is to not spend the money, I think it's secondary purpose is to break myself of the habit of feeling like I "need" things all the time. These Starbucks ones aren't really applicable since it's food/beverages, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Target, Borders, ect. I think for the time being I'm going to stick to not redeem anything... might as well let the points accumulate for later when I might need them (moving out and apartment needs down the line).
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment