I received a package from Old Navy yesterday (ordered it days before the shopping ban!) and I was so pleased with this skirt and shirt I received. It was also slightly bittersweet to know that there would be nothing new coming through my doors for months. But honestly, I don't think I need anything new for a long time.
The fun part of the next three months will be utilizing what clothes I have. Trust me, there's plenty. But there's clothes and shoes that I don't wear that often. The next few months will be like a long-term closet purge. I don't doubt there's things in my closet that I've only worn once, and things that I've worn a billion times. I want my closet to be filled with things I love and wear often, not just things. So I'm going to try to either start wearing more things, or be way more strict about what I keep in my closet. I do a closet clean-out probably 2-3 times a year, but I know I tend to keep a lot of things for memory purposes. I know I have a few wrestling shirts that I never wear, but because friends of mine gave them to me, I'm sentimental over it... or I'll be convinced they'll ask 'why don't you ever wear my shirt'.
They're boys. They will never ever ask that.
So today I wore a pair of shoes I probably only wore once last summer. And hey, they're super comfy. I should wear these more. It's also kind of like I have "new" shoes since I don't wear them that much!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment