... is always reading the Sunday paper. I love the wealth of information the paper provides to me throughout the week, but Sunday is like twice the fun! I always end with the ads/circulars. The glossy papers showing me the AWESOME BARGAINS ZOMG I can get at each store. Even if I didn't need anything that I could think of, without a doubt by the end of my reading, I had already compiled a mini-shopping list of things I suddenly found I needed.
Today was no different. I wasn't even going to read the Sunday paper because I knew how tempting the ads were going to be. But I figure I can't hide from advertisements for the next three months. Of course I found about 5 things that I'd normally put on my shopping list... but after careful examination, there was nothing I *needed*. Of course not. I enjoy the lessons I'm teaching myself.
As for my spending... well with it being the weekend, no surprise here that there was some spending going on. Friday was payday, which means bill paying. I did pay myself first. One thing I'm good about is making sure *something* always goes in my savings account. One of my goals is to increase that amount, because trust me, it's nothing worth writing home about. But something is better than nothing, right?
Saturday, Eric and I went out to a bar and grill by his house to watch the Cubs game. Spent $20 on dinner and a drink. Hate to admit that $8 went to a cosmo. Sure it was good, but I could have spent $0 on water. We got ice cream after, but I had a Buy One, Get One Free coupon, so it only ended up being about $3 each.
Today we went to Trader Joe's and I spent $2 on an apple and a Clif bar... only to realize that when I got back to Eric's, I could have asked for a banana, bread, and PB to make a sandwich for free. Went out with Loryn and had a couple drinks... but bonus it was 50% off at the bar. Still, $6 spent. Even without shopping, I notice that these small things add up. I need to be more aware of that.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't blame you for the cosmo. It isn't a baseball game with out a drink. However, I prefer beer.
ReplyDelete