Thursday, July 2, 2009

moniez.

Tuesday, June 30th
- $15 at the Post Office (used Visa GC) - there's a place that recycles old CDs, dvds, ect - I did a huge cleanout of my cd collection (many were burned ones) and rather than just throw it in the garbage, I paid $7 (which I did like 3 months ago) + shipping to send it to a company that can recycle these items.
- $22 for a prescription (used Visa GC) - my insurance is silly. I pay in full for all my prescriptions, and then a week later, they send me a check for the total, minus my 10% co-pay. Silly system, but whatever.

Wednesday, July 1st
- $24: haircut and tip @ Aveda Institute. I love that place. The cut itself is only $14! It can be hit or miss considering the students can either be a week into their placement, or a day away from graduation, but both times I have had good success. They check in with their advisor throughout the process (minimum 3 times), so it's pretty good. Plus who can beat a $14 haircut and smell like Aveda afterwards?
- $5 - Jamba Juice. I had to :(

Today, July 2nd
$20: Cosmo's Vegan Shoppe (used Visa GC) - oh goodness. Vegan marshmallows, lollipops, jelly beans, 'gummy worms', ect. I have the worst sweet tooth.

As you can see, the Visa GC has been getting its use. I even went as far to budget out the $500 on there - $200 towards prescriptions (which is good since I will get most of that money back - and then it will go straight into my savings), $200 "fun money" (likely my plane ticket to Philly - a word on that momentarily), and $100 groceries/other spending. I'm budgeting a gift card. Lame-o.

So plane tickets. Loryn and I are going to spend a weekend in Philadelphia. It's been amazing watching the insane fluxuation of the plane ticket. On average, I spend around $200 for a RT ticket. It was about $200 a couple of weeks ago, but neither Loryn nor I were ready to purchase. Since then it's gone up to $300! Haha. But Farecast has the price dropping at least $75 within the next couple of weeks. I don't doubt once I see it anywhere near the $200 mark, I will be buying them ASAP. Getting good airfare can be such a game sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. That is damn smart to use the GC to pay for prescriptions to get cash back for your savings! Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete